Boating Safety Code
Pre-boarding safety guide：
- For your safety, please stand in a single straight line behind the handrail while waiting for the boat.
- Your captain or tour guide will explain the safety rules and demonstrate how to wear a life vest before boarding is allowed. Distribution and demonstration of life vests on the boat is not optimal because tourists might be too distracted to wear life vests properly, or boat would wobble and throw passengers to the same side, tilting the hull.
- Captain, staff, and tour guide will check if passengers are wearing the life vest properly at the ticket booth and boarding entrance.
PASSENGERS NOT PROPERLY WEARING LIFE VESTS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED ON THE BOAT.
- Never drink alcoholic beverages before doing any water activities.
In boat safety guide：
- Passengers should be distributed evenly across the seats. Please do not stand up, walk, play, change position in the boat. Do not stand on the same side of the boat to avoid boat tilting.
- There are lifebuoys in the west, north and south of the lake. Please remember the location of lifebuoy.
- Please do not stand up and always remain inside the cabin in case boat shakes.
- Reduce speed when turning to avoid losing control of the paddle boat at the turn.
- Do not throw cigarette butts or any trash into the lake. Please do not feed the fish.
- When you encounter speeding motorboat is making the paddle boat rock severely, please stop moving and maintain your center of gravity. Wait until the water calms down then continue to paddle.
- According the rules and regulations for water activities at Liyu Lake. All vehicle should slow down and avoid creating waves when passing by the wharf area. If visitor notice any speeding motorboats, please report to the ranger station at 03-8641691.
- When you are unable to paddle back to the shore, please call the phone number on the boat for help.
- High blood pressure, heart disease, asthma or epilepsy are not recommend for the water activities.