On May 15, the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) announced that, in order to prevent large-scale community transmission
- Closure of leisure and entertainment venues: singing and dance venues, bars and clubs, KTVs, MTVs, hair salons, massage parlors, bowling alleys, pool halls, gyms (including government sport centers), fitness and recreational centers (including facilities offering Shiatsu massage services, sauna rooms, and other weight-loss and body toning facilities), indoor golf practice areas employing screens, arcades, Internet cafes, majiang clubs, and other similar venues.
- Religious rites and rituals: A halt to all pilgrimages and processions associated with temples or churches. Other events should ensure contact-information registration, social distancing, and heightened disinfection measures.
- Campuses of elementary and middle schools to be closed to the public.
- A halt to all activities involving the handover of leadership of all sports and social clubs and societies
- Closure of leisure and entertainment venues and other venues listed below:Sports and exhibition venues: exhibitions, movie screening venues (cinemas and theaters), auditoriums, gymnasiums, performance venues (music halls, performance halls, museums, galleries, exhibition halls, historical relic museums, and memorial halls), activity centers, indoor ice rinks, indoor swimming pools, amusement parks, amusement arcades for children, and similar venues.Educational facilities: community colleges, senior learning centers, training centers, study centers, social educational institutions (libraries, social education halls, science education halls), senior centers, and other similar venues.
- Always wear a mask outdoors.
- Avoid unnecessary movement, activities, or gatherings.
- All family or social gatherings involving over 5 people indoors or 10 people outdoors are suspended.
- Self-health monitoring (those with symptoms should seek medical attention).
- Business venues and places where personal business is conducted should implement crowd and flow control and enforce the wearing of masks and social distancing.
- Workplaces should follow the epidemic prevention rules in the Guidelines for Enterprise Planning of Business Continuity in Response to the Coronavirus Disease 2019, and put individual and workplace health management mechanisms into action, as well as measures to maintain business continuity (including working in multiple offices, distance working, and flexible working hours).
- Food and beverage vendors should use epidemic prevention measures, such as contact-information registration, social distancing, and dividers. Those that cannot adopt those measures are urged to offer take-out services.
- Weddings and funerals should implement contact-information registration, social distancing, and enhanced disinfection.
- Enhanced disinfection of public places and public transport.
For updates, please refer to the COVID-19 section of this website.